about 1 cup
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped into 2”X2” pieces
- 1 cup fresh coriander stalks and leaves
- 7-8 basil leaves
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts (I used almonds, cashews and walnuts)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/8 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp olive oil (for roasting tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 140 C (280 F) and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Toss tomatoes in olive oil and lay them out on a single layer in the oven. Roast until slightly dry but still juicy, about 3-4 hours. Remove and set aside.
- Add the nuts and garlic clove to a blender jar and blend to a coarse paste. Add oven-dried tomatoes, chilli, coriander leaves and stalks, basil leaves, parmesan, lemon juice, salt and olive oil and pulse (not continuously blend) a few times.
- Scrape down the sides and pulse again until it forms a slightly coarse paste. If it looks too dry, add extra olive oil.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Use right away or refrigerate in an airtight container and use within a week.
Leave a Reply