- 150 grams soba noodles
- 150 grams silken tofu
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- A small handful of spring onion tops
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock (or 1 stock cube dissolved in 1 1/2 cups of water)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt, if required
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions, drain, and set aside. While the noodles are still hot, add sesame oil and toss to combine.
- Add miso paste and half the amount of stock to a bowl. Stir together until it’s a smooth paste.
- In a pot, add the remaining stock, minced ginger, garlic, dried chilli flakes and the miso and stock mixture. Cook over a medium flame for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut milk at this stage and gently heat through, without letting it boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- To serve, divide the noodles between bowls. Pour over the broth and add tofu to each bowl. Garnish with a few spring onions and sesame seeds. Can be served hot or at room temperature.
Leave a Reply