- 1/2 cup millet (I used foxtail, but any type would do)
- 250 grams minced lamb
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1/2 a tomato, chopped
- A small handful of mint and coriander leaves, roughly torn
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika or chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- A pinch of sumac (optional)
- Lemon juice and wedges to serve
- Salt, to taste
- Squeeze lemon juice liberally over the chopped avocado to stop it from browning.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, coriander and mint leaves to a bowl. Season with salt and toss together.
- Cook the millet according to packet instructions. Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit, covered, while you cook the lamb.
- Add the lamb to a hot pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on a medium-high heat, stirring frequently and breaking up any larger pieces with a spatula. Once lightly browned, add coriander powder, paprika, cumin powder, oregano, sumac and salt, and continue tossing it in the pan until the lamb is nicely browned and cooked - another 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Season the millet with salt and fluff gently with a fork. To assemble, divide the millet between bowls. Add the minced lamb, tomato-onion salsa and avocado to each of the bowls and serve with a lemon wedge on the side.
Leave a Reply