- 300 grams muskmelon, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 star anise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Add melon and sugar to a heavy bottomed pot and cook covered until the fruit has softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Break down the fruit by pressing down with a potato masher. Add the star anise, salt, and lemon juice and continue to cook uncovered on a low flame for 10-15 minutes until the melon starts to get pulpy. Stir often, and keep an eye on it constantly as the sugar tends to stick to the bottom if left unattended.
- Check the consistency by taking a spoonful of jam and letting it drop back down into the pot. If it clings slightly to the spoon and falls in a clump, it’s done. If it looks too wet still, continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Once done, scoop out the star anise and discard. Ladle the jam into a glass jar and refrigerate.
Stays well refrigerated for up to 15 days.
Leave a Reply