- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon, sliced into thick rounds
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Soak dried chilli in hot water. Once softened, discard the water and blend the chilli coarsely.
- Put chicken pieces in a large ziplock bag and add blended chilli, dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, maple syrup, pepper and salt. Seal the bag and massage the chicken pieces with the marinade until well coated. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Preheat oven to 200 C (400F) and place a tray in the middle of the oven.
- Add chicken pieces to a baking dish and dot the lemon slices and thyme around. Pour the remaining marinade from the bag over the top. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken pieces are completely cooked through.
Leave a Reply