- 3 cups cooked rice (I used basmati, but any kind will do)
- 150 grams silken tofu
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp chilli oil (optional)
- 6 spring onion stalks, chopped (retain the tops for garnish)
- 2 red/green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
- If your silken tofu comes packed in whey, drain and set aside. Break up the tofu with your fingers into small pieces.
- If using freshly cooked rice, make sure it’s cooled to room temperature. Lightly fork the grains to separate them. (Note: Hot rice will clump, so cool before using).
- Add oil to a wok or large pot and sauté spring onions, chilli, ginger and garlic for 45 seconds. Crack in the eggs and scramble until they are just set. (They will continue to cook in the heat, so make sure they’re still slightly runny).
- Add silken tofu and toss through. Tip the rice into the wok. Add soy sauce, chilli oil if using, toasted sesame oil and salt and toss to combine.
- Garnish with spring onion tops and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply