If you’re looking for a super quick, super easy drink/snack, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve been on a mango binge ever since the season started, but most often than not, I end up eating them as is – peeling the skin back and diving straight in. Back home in Coimbatore, someone always has the patience to slice them up all perfectly (Hi mom!), and we eat them out of little bowls with dainty fruit forks. Although this is so convenient (to eat, mind you), the sticky chin dripping mess when you devour a mango with your hands is where it’s at. That’s the real taste of summer for me.
The neat thing about this recipe is that you can play around with it to suit your own palate. Feeling virtuous? Add honey instead of sugar. Not in the mood for cardamom? Leave it out completely, or add a few extra mint leaves for freshness. The perfect accompaniment for any summer shindig, this lassi is sure to lift your spirits!
- 1 ripe mango
- ½ cup yogurt (low/full fat)
- ½ cup milk (low/full fat)
- 2 cardamom pods
- 4 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- 5 - 6 ice cubes
- A pinch of salt
- Grind the cardamom pods to a fine powder in a pestle and mortar.
- Slice the mango and take out as much of the pulp and juice as possible. Add it to a blender along with the yogurt, milk, sugar, salt, cardamom and ice cubes, and blend until smooth. Add more milk if necessary to get the right consistency.